8.06.2009

Prize winner

I love getting the mail on any given day, but yesterday was a great day. No bills and a letter from the library announcing that I was a prize winner! (I had signed up for my library's summer reading program for adults.)

Side observation: Don't you just love the phrase "prize winner," especially when the prize winner is you? Who cares what the prize is? YOU won a PRIZE! It's an endorphin rush. :)

The library staff is tricky--the letter does not tell you what the prize is, just that you have one to pick up. I went to the library and approached the reference desk letter in hand. "Jill, you look like a prize winner," the reference librarian said. (Did I mention that I am on a first name basis with several of the library staff?) My prize is a $10 chamber of commerce gift certificate. It really does pay to read. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill...you can come over anytime you want and we can find a book sale to go to! :-)

    I also love "Make Way for Ducklings." I actually got a really neat book from Prof. Lau that has all of Robert McCloskey's famous stories all compiled.

    Hope all is well!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete