8.18.2009

Deck building

Today I devoted several hours to building a deck in my backyard. Anyone who knows me even a little knows that I'm not Ms. Fix-it or Ms. Do-it-yourself. I have a few crucial tools like a hammer and screwdrivers, but I don't use them very much. I've had more than a few people laugh when I tell them what I'm doing. I think they are picturing some rickety, unstable thing that you might see on a hillbilly cabin.

Taking on a project of building a deck would be definitely out of my league without the help of my sister. Beth is an experienced builder. She's thorough, systematic and very competent, not to mention she has her own set of power tools. In short, she's awesome. If something goes wrong on the deck building, it's sure to be my fault. But I used both a miter saw and a drill today and I'm still standing. :)

Here are a few pictures of our work in progress.



1 comment:

  1. Looks great Jill! Thank goodness for talented sisters! Just be very careful with saws...my family has learned first hand TWICE now that saws can be very dangerous! :-)

    Hope all is well!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete