8.02.2009

Back to school

I've been off the grid for the last week, teaching Vacation Bible School. I had the 4-year-olds and there were nine lively little people in my class. My family watched in amusement as I looked more haggard as the week went on. The experience was a challenge, yet such a blessing at the same time.

Speaking of school, I'm trying to find a reason to buy crayons. Coloring was not my favorite thing as a child. I was more of a glue and scissors girl. But the back to school sales always tempt me. There is something quite tantalizing about opening a brand new box of Crayolas: seeing the rainbow of perfect tips and smelling the waxy scent. Ahhh. Happiness in box.

I also loved the names of the crayons. Brick Red. Burnt Sienna. Lemon Yellow. Pine Green. Crayola's website even has a history of the colors. Sadly, Raw Umber has been retired.

(photo credit: bookgrl via flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment