5.26.2009

Tigers softball week 2 results

For those sports fans out there, here is a recap of the second week of the season. The highlight of the game was Mark's in-the-park grand slam. (I was on first base and it was not a good feeling to know that he was behind me. I felt like the hare, but I probably looked like the tortoise.) I got to play left-center field, which is one of my favorite positions on the ballfield. My dad was at pitcher and his accuracy was remarkable, considering the strong winds.

We ended up losing 12-6, but at least the game was closer. Our usually taciturn manager Joel sent this e-mail:

Just an update on where we stand in our Wednesday night league. We are in 8th place (out of the 10 teams), but in all fairness the teams we lost to are in 2nd and 3rd place. We play Chippewa Trails Trucking (1-1) next week at 9 pm. I think we can take them.

Stay tuned for the Wednesday results and see if Joel's confidence was well placed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment