5.04.2009

Running for the finish line

Yesterday a marathon was held in my hometown. Over 200 people ran 26.2 miles. More than twice that number ran the half marathon (13.1 miles). I walked 3.5 miles yesterday and considered that a good workout. :)

I admire the dedication and commitment of these people, who plod for hours (literally!), powered by willpower and their own two legs. I am proud to say that I know several of these runners personally. Congratulations to my brother Mark, Gretchen and her father Tim, Susan, Sherman and Kacie, and Ryan and Erin, all of whom completed the half-marathon. Wow!
My friend Anne channeled her inner Phiedippides and ran the entire marathon. What an amazing accomplishment.

Hebrews 12:1-2: Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment