5.12.2009

DSKG

This past week was “one of those weeks.” I feel like I’ve got my car in neutral on the Indy 500 and everyone else is speeding past me going 200 miles an hour. I finally went outside and did lawn work until I couldn’t move anymore. At least I felt like I’d gotten something accomplished. This job-search-inner-examination-where-is-my-life-headed stuff is exhausting.

Grandfather to the rescue! Conversations with Grandpa are peppered with jumbled alphabet soup acronyms. His verbal shorthand includes pearls like YBBI (you’d better believe it) and KISS (keep it simple, stupid). For this situation, Grandpa tells me, “DSKG.” Don’t stop, keep going. Sounds like a pretty good theme for right now. It gives me a different perspective. Just keep moving. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment