5.15.2009

Tea time

I went to meet my good friend Leah for tea this morning at Infinitea Teahouse. (How posh and British I sound!) It was actually Leah's idea, so I can't take credit for it. I am not a tea drinker, but idea appealed to my sense of propriety and etiquette, so I agreed to the proposal.

Deciding on a tea was difficult (there are over 160 to choose from). After sniffing from the sample test tubes, I admitted my ignorance to the gentleman behind the counter and asked him for a recommendation. He suggested tea #37 named Super Nova. He went on to tell me that it had hints of chocolate and vanilla (and some other things that I can't remember right now). To be honest, the name Super Nova had me hooked. Who wouldn't want to drink something called Super Nova? It just sounds awesome. Leah was more discerning than I, choosing her tea based on things other than the name. She chose tea #98, organic mint mate. After the tea was done steeping, the gentleman delivered two charming iron teapots and two small teacups to our table by the window. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of my tea, but I preferred Leah's mint tea. I think we're going to have to go back sometime soon. Tea #123 (Organic Summer Lemon Iced) is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment