7.15.2010

The Sears Tower

Traveling with my father on a road trip was always an adventure. I'm sure it was a cacophony of noise and questions for my parents. As we drove through Chicago fairly frequently, one of the things we always wanted to see was the Sears Tower (recently renamed Willis Tower). We were captivated by the idea of the tallest building in the world. My father's favorite joke on the road was to point out the window on the Skyway at this building. "Look, girls! It's the Sears Tower!" You would think that we would not fall for this trick more than once, but we did. So it was with a small smile and a heaping helping of nostalgia, that I pointed out the building to my nieces on the recent road trip. "Look, girls! It's the Sears Tower!"

1 comment:

  1. So much has passed into history. Friends, relationships water under the bridge. Memories remain good of decades past.

    ReplyDelete