8.24.2012

Take me out to the ball game

In my search for the "quintessential summer experience" (otherwise known as my desire to make summer vacation last as long as possible), I can't believe I didn't think about going to a baseball game. Really, is there a more traditional summer activity than the all-American pastime?


So when my friend suggested going to a game at Target Field, I jumped at the chance. I have a habit of romanticizing things and baseball is no exception. I inhaled the entire experience as I spent an inning and a half walking around the entire park, looking at the field from all angles. I was reminded of one of my favorite movies: Bull Durham. Kevin Costner's veteran catcher Crash Davis describes major league stadiums, "The ballparks are like cathedrals." 

I don't know when I'll visit Target Field again, because my Tigers have not won the last three times I've watched them play in Minneapolis. I'm not normally superstitious, but with sports, I make an exception. One summer I listened to Ice Ice Baby before every softball game. True story. 

I know I've written frequently about my Canon lately, and while I concede that you might be tired of hearing about it-- I. Just. Can't. Help. Myself. I took it to the game and tried out some new features. 









No comments:

Post a Comment