9.23.2011

Movie remakes?

I just saw the trailer for the new Footloose movie. I'm not sure how I feel about a remake of such a classic 80s movie (or any classic movie, really).

This made me think about how the movie industry has changed entertainment. It used to be that people only saw live entertainment. I mean, how many times has Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing been performed live? Countless times. Now we can watch the exact same performance of a movie over and over again and get up in arms about the idea of a remake.

Uh-oh. Did I just compare Footloose to Shakespeare? Is that even a valid comparison?

As Kevin Bacon would say, "Jump back!"

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the movie might be a guilty pleasure that would be fun after a long day of teaching. I say wait for it to come out on dvd, then throw in a glass or two of wine. Could be you don't mind the remake so much!

    ReplyDelete