3.28.2011

Whoosh!

That's the sound of the month of March, flying right by. Here I am, writing about looking forward and suddenly...boom! I'm looking back.

My March madness included:
  • A fabulous, girls-only weekend in Minneapolis/St. Paul with my mom and sisters. We relaxed, shopped, snacked and laughed. I recommend the cocktail hour and breakfast omelets at the Embassy Suites Bloomington.
  • Nathan Fillion. In my mailbox. My inner geek was ecstatic. I couldn't even compose complete sentences.
  • Spring break and a snow day in the same month! Both felt as liberating as I remembered them (and as short!). 
  • Exploring a new relationship. It's official. I'm in love with the Kindle 3G. The design is sleek and the user-experience is unparalleled. Right now I'm reading this book about the Civil War and I'm enthralled.
  • Catching up with an old friend. I have been a huge Harlan Coben fan for ages and his character Myron Bolitar is one of my all time favorites. I devoured the new novel in a day and a half.  
  • Indulging a sweet tooth. Check out the birthday cake that two of my students (Laura and Sarah) made for me.
I laughed when I saw it, but I can't argue with the philosophy on the cake. Words to live by! I hope your March madness included a little whimsy too.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! LOVE the cake! Very cute! I can't believe March is almost over, either. Oy. Why didn't you say that in March you got a Fantastic Blog Award??!! You must've forgotten about that in your euphoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw Debra's post about you, I had to drop in and see the Great and Wonderful Jill. And you know what? She was kinda right. :-)

    P.S. I want that cake. But I'll settle for stealing the lemon line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Deb, I'll be blogging about my award. Just you wait.

    And Cathy, thanks for stopping by. Deb raves about you too. :)

    ReplyDelete