8.05.2010

Summer afternoon pursuits

Take clear skies and warm sunshine, add in the company of a great friend and top it all off with a trip to the Munson Bridge Winery and the result is my idea of a perfect summer afternoon. Discovered by my dear friend Leah last fall, the two of us made a return trip recently. The winery is located in Withee, Wisconsin and it's a true delight. It's owned and run by a local family. Their specialty is fruit wine and they have several varieties from which to choose. I highly recommend the Mango Symphony. Besides wine, they have a fabulous selection of gourmet olive oils and balsamic vinegars.

The ambiance of the winery is charming; the decor, eclectic. I especially loved how this old upright piano was transformed into a wine rack.

Leah and I relaxed in their expansive backyard on a swing suspended from a large tree. That's what summer is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment