4.01.2010

Tying the knot

My father is a pastor and one of his favorite lines can only be used after a wedding. "Everything went well, it went off with just one hitch." (Bah-dum-dum). There's a good chance I inherited my love of corny jokes from him. Weddings bring out the crazy in me. (Incidentally, family get-togethers have the same effect. Two for the price of one! Good times all around.)

Anyway, my younger brother got married a couple weeks ago. Mark and Gretchen's nuptials were uniquely theirs, from the altar flower arrangements to the ceremony itself. My father preached the wedding sermon  and my sisters and I sang a hymn. Paul returned the favor of speaking at the reception, as Mark had done for him only five months earlier. My mom made the cake and cupcakes. Gretchen's sisters and brothers all participated in the wedding as well. It was a true family affair.




No comments:

Post a Comment