2.11.2010

In the blink of an eye

Today was moving along and everything was business as usual. I was driving home from running a few errands, crossing things off my to-do list in my head, when I hit a patch of ice. I lost control of my car going 50 miles an hour, slid from the right lane to the left one and turned 180 degrees in the process and landed in a ditch. Just as quickly, I was thinking about something else. Funny how that happens.

The LORD was watching out for me today and I'm guessing that He sent me a few extra guardian angels. I wasn't hurt at all. No one else was hurt. My car was completely drivable. During the time I spent waiting for the tow truck, I said several thank you prayers.

I'd also like to say thank you...
...to the three motorists that stopped to see if I needed help. (A kind lady with a teenage son and two dobermans in the back seat, two young men in short sleeves who looked like linebackers and a gentleman in a sport utility vehicle.)
...to the two policemen that pulled up. The first one chatted with me to make sure I wasn't hurt, while he circled the car and talked to the dispatcher to check on the location of the tow truck. The second officer helped slow traffic while...
...the one tow truck driver cheerfully hooked up my car and gently pulled me out.

Sometimes, blessings come in the strangest wrappings.

No comments:

Post a Comment