11.05.2009

10 favorite picture books



When I was younger, I loved sitting on my mom's lap and having her read to me. I still love picture books and have my own collection of them. I share them with my nieces and nephews when they visit. I don't think I will ever outgrow these stories:
  • Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
  • Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
  • Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
  • Corduroy by Don Freeman
  • The Man Who Didn't Wash His Dishes by Phyllis Krasilovsky
Here are some picture books I've grown attached to as an adult:
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
  • Click, Clack, Moo; Cows that Type by Doreen Cronin
  • Food Fight by Carol Diggery Shields
  • Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney

No comments:

Post a Comment